Saturday, January 01, 2011

Black Friday


See this picture? This is a picture of two crazy women at 2:00am on Friday November 26th...also known as Black Friday.

My friend Alexis and I braved the crowds on Black Friday. We don't know each other extremely well but I think we got to know each other a little bit better that night. Like I know that I will go Black Friday shopping with Alexis again if she will have me. And here's why:

We braved Wal-Mart! We arrived at 10:30pm on Thursday night. The sales didn't start until midnight, but we had to get in line for certain things. I was there to get a Leapster 2 for Sam. I got in line for the Leapster at 11:00. There were only 30 of them available to buy and about 75 people wanting to buy them. There were 4 security guards, two members of management and 3 other staff members. It came down to the management telling us that they were going to review the security tapes to see who had been standing in line the longest. Well, I got picked! Whew!

To make a long story a little shorter, we got all of our items, and were out of there at 12:32!! Alexis got a sweet spot in line with just one person ahead of us!!

Then we drove around for a bit and went to Target for to wait for me to get a TV that I (and about 5 billion other people) had my eye on. We waited out in the cold (29degrees) and rain for three hours. The best part was watching Alexis use her iPhone with her nose because it wouldn't work with her gloved fingers. David was also waiting at the Target by our house. I thought for sure between the two of us we would score a TV....we didn't. People went MAD when those doors opened. The guy in front of me even tried to get me one after he got one for himself and they just disappeared before our eyes. Oh well. It wasn't meant to be I guess.

Anyway, we had a great time together. Thanks Alexis for a great time! I look forward to next year!

1 comment:

Linds said...

Sounds like you had a good time. But I'm still not sure I'd do it.