Friday, May 28, 2010

Intubate!!! STAT!!!


Ok, don't get alarmed by the title of this post. It is kind of a joke that we had going while we were all in in the delivery room. If you were there, then you know what it means.

ANYWAY!! Here it is, the long awaited post of Marion's coming into the world. We went to the hospital around 6:30 am to be induced. We went to Providence this time so Paige was able to be there and get me a really awesome nurse named Anne. They started the pitocin drip and we were off and running. I had a few friends join us in the delivery room this time around. It was really fun (if being in labor can be fun).
Heather Mowrer and Lacey Poytress. They are two of me very best friends and I was so glad that they were able to share in this experience with me. The labor lasted quite a bit longer than my other two. I thought for sure Marion would be here by noon at the latest. But by noon we were still just hanging out, talking and having a good time. Around 3:00 or so Dr. Wong came in and said, "ok, let's have this baby!" As I was pushing, I looked up and saw the faces of so many loved ones looking at me, with tears in their eyes. I looked over at Lace and she told me how good I was doing and she, just had this look of amazement on her face. It makes me feel so blessed to have such great friends and family that were there. I only pushed for about 3 minutes or so and out she came!!

Marion Echo Brallier weighed in at 8lbs 13ouncs. She is named after my father (James Marion) and David's grandma Echo. She is such good mix of all of us.







7 comments:

Linds said...

Awww!! She is just too dang cute. And I am WAY jealous of Lacey and Heather. No fair! I wish I could have been there. Or at least be there to hold her and squeeze her.

Lacey said...

I LOVE THIS BABY GIRL! It was such an amazing moment to be a part of and Marion will always have a special place in my heart. She is growing so fast and changing everyday. You did amazing and I can't even tell you how proud I am of you. Love ya, and thanks again for letting me witness a mirical.

richard dandelion said...

Congratulations, Bralliers! Another beautiful child!

Daya said...

I love her!!! Thanks for posting. FINALLY!! ;o)

lynz said...

love the one of the proud parents and darling little girl! she is too cute and glad she finally made the blog :)

The Woolner Family said...

Love the name. We're so happy for you guys. I like that you made delivery a party instead of an undertaking.

Heather Mowrer said...

It was truely awesome (I can't believe I almost missed this post!!!) I saw nothing of my son's c-section birth and my sister already had her only (probably) child the same way so it was awesome of Beck to let me witness Marion's debue. One more item corssed off my bucket list. Thanks Beck! What a unique gift :).