Friday, May 28, 2010

Holy Cow....


Let me just start by saying, Marion HATES being in the car, she will scream the entire time she is in there unless you have just fed her and can get moving right away. Today was a REAL doozey. I left a little early to get Camryn from school to stop by Goodwill and the bank first. Marion had just eaten and I figured she would fall asleep in the car once we got moving. First of all, I hit EVERY red light, and I mean EVERY. ONE. Now this would be really annoying if it didn't happen to me literally every time I take her somewhere...I mean it, it really does happen every time we go anywhere with her in the car. I think someone has it our for me, but it got worse.

Not only every red light but I was stopped by the MAX train going to the bank and then behind a school bus that had about 100 kids getting off, and then again coming back from the bank, I got stopped by the MAX again to go to Camryn's school. Also there was a lane closure because the city of Portland thought today would be a good day to trim some trees on 122nd Ave.
We had to wait a few minutes for Cam to get out of school and then on to get Dave from work...again every red light. Dave came out, and we were on our way to the airport to see Bryn who had a short layover on her way to Hawaii.

We left the school at the same time all of the buses leave so that always takes while, so we decided to cut through the Safeway parking lot to get onto the freeway. Once we hit the freeway we were good for about 5 minutes. Then traffic hit for I-205, So we got off on the next exit to take Airport way...so did about five million other people. We were on Airport way for what seemed like an eternity...again hitting every red light. Once we FINALLY got up to I-205 we saw the sign that said I-205 Bridge work, expect delays. Once again the city of Portland thought today would be a good day to work on the 205 bridge, right during rush hour. I think all road construction should be done at night when there are less cars out...but I digress. We get to the airport, park, Get Marion (still in her car seat) into the stroller and she couldn't be happier. Bryn meets us at the gate and we walk over to get her some food before she has to leave to catch her next flight. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Bryn, but it was totally not worth the trouble to go and see her for a whopping ten minutes. But wait! It doesn't end there...

We still had to drive home! On our way home there was a ton of traffic going that way too, because of a car accident. We get past that and after hitting every red light some guy totally cuts me off in the middle of an intersection. So aside from getting into an accident myself, I was bombarded with every hazard you can encounter while driving. I am not leaving the house for ten years!!

7 comments:

Summersfam said...

I miss the people in Portland, but don't miss the traffic one bit!! Sorry about your rough day!

Linds said...

That is the suckiest suck that every sucked!! I'm sorry!!!! Liza was horrible in the car as a baby, no matter what. And Olivia hated it unless the car was moving. So I do not blame you for wanting to just stay in your house FOR-EV-ER!

Daya said...

Holy crap that sucks!!! I am so sorry!! I hope you change your mind and decide to not become a shut in.

lynz said...

oooo - red lights were beckam's enemy as well! i dreaded every yellow and red light for months and still do really, but it does get better! hopefully anyway :)
oh and totally agree on the construction - soooo annoying!

Toshia said...

Jonthan HATED the car...the worst part was all the people who would offer "advice" or just comment on how wonderfully their babies always did in the car (ummm, did I ask to hear what a horrible car baby I was blessed with?!) I can remember listening to him scream his head off and bawling myself because there was nothing I could do about it. Good luck!

Holly Lujan said...

Holy cow!!! That sounds like the crappiest car ride in history. I hate getting stopped at every red light and I can't imagine having a screaming baby. Tell you what, you can be a shut in tonight and we will come over!!

Amy said...

Of course everything has to suck at the same time, why in the world would things be easy?? I swear, it's like the universe knows and decides to dump all the crap at once. Just last night I had two screaming babies in the car while we hurried home to get them fed and in bed. All I could do was shut my eyes and try not to cry.