Saturday, November 14, 2009

Holy Cow!! What a good deal!!


So i have been stalking coupon/deal blogs lately and I got the BEST deal today. There was a $10 off Target coupon for the LeapFrog Alphabet Pal (regularly $20). I read on one of the blogs that Target will price match other stores. Toys R Us had the toy on sale for $10.49, so if I used the coupon I would get it for .49 cents! I got the ad from Toys R Us and went off to Target to get the toy....well Target was all out! HOWEVER, I also read on the blog that WalMart will take competitors coupons, and it was on sale at WalMart for $15.00. I called them just to make sure, they said they did. So off to WalMart I went. They had the toy and I took it up to customer service with my coupon. I had to wait for a while they made sure with a manager that they could take the coupon. WELL the toy rang up for $9.00!! The girl did an override on the coupon so I got the toy for FREE!!!!! It made my whole day!

9 comments:

Batman Forever said...

Holy Cow! I was gonna try yesterday, but after reading so many people saying it didn't work for them, I didn't bother. Every blog I read said Target wasn't honoring the price match for a door buster, but my Aunt got 4 of them at her Target for .49 a pop.
You did so awesome! I love FREE. I got Treo toys for Free at Fred's a month ago. I felt so empowered.

lynz said...

dang! you gotta call me next time yout get a sweet toy deal like that yo! sooo fun :)

Katie said...

Umm wha?! My youngest is 9 and I don't care! I'm going to try to get some of these. Presents for others. Thanks!

Andrea said...

hey can you post on my blog, what blogs you go to for the coupons? I have been looking on line to the major chains, but nothing is there..
thanks.

Linds said...

So AWESOME!

Giron Family said...

STEAL of a deal! Getting good deals is like the best feeling ever..it's a natural high!

The Hill Family said...

Yea, I love a great deal! Looks like you guys had a great summer; you take such awesome pics! Hope all is well and happy Turkey Day!

Heather Mowrer said...

Score!

Leah said...

I love this toy (we have a much loved orange one) because it has the phonics sounds. So when you push his M foot, it says ,"mmm". When you do a sequence to try to sound out bad words, it says "That tickles!" before sounding out the bad work. So you'll push "A", then try to get it to say "ssss", and it giggles at you and says it tickles. Great amusement for grown ups.