Monday, October 19, 2009

Bralltercation / 30th Birthday

Way back in June (I can't believe I haven't posted this yet) Dave and I and our awesome friends the Mowrer's rented a place out on the Sandy River for what we like to call Bralltercation. It also fell on my 30th birthday so it was a two for one great time. We had some GREAT breakfasts:


The Mowrer's Heather and Eric (Eric is the one with the beard)

We spent a lot of time relaxing...

Reading over rules for new games

Playing said game

There was a great tree swing out back
Heather and I took the short 5 minute walk down to look at the river

I love this picture, even though it is a little blurry...so serene

Aaaaand then she fell in.... I wish I had gotten closer so you could see the water she was wringing out of her sweater.
This is what I woke up to on my birthday... 30 balloons each one had a piece of paper in it saying something nice about me....I loved it!

Then we went to Calamity Jane's for lunch...best burgers around I swear.....
Oh I almost forgot (not really) but, we went to Calamity Jane's the day we headed out for our trip and as I was up getting something from the salad bar, my loving sweet husband and "friends" decided to tell the waitress that it was my birthday, and for those of you who have never been to Calamity Jane's on your birthday they MAKE you ride around on a horse on a stick....And for those of you who don't know me very well, there is nothing that embarrasses me more than drawing attention to myself. You would think that Dave and my "friends" would know this. But alas, the waitress stood there and was pretty firmly planted I might add, waiting for me to gallop around the place. I did it. After I sat down I was laughing out of pure humiliation, and crying from being mortified! It was NOT a good time for me. It might be funny someday...maybe... I am still trying to think of a way to get Dave and my "friends" back for this...

8 comments:

The Little Tracy Fam said...

Thanks for the warning. I would have to climb into a hole to die after doing something like that. I can't believe they did that to you!!

Jeff and Amy said...

I love the balloons with the paper inside it idea - I'm totally going to steal that. And who doesn't love Calamity Jane's. I think it's about time for me to hit up that place again. At least now I know to NEVER go there on my birthday :)

Lacey said...

So Fun! I love birthdays and weekend get aways I am glad to see you had a good time and love the pics you got of the weekend. I will help you in your revenge against Dave! Oh and I think it's HILARIOUS that your friends fell in the water right after that picture was taken, ha ha ha. (I know I'm rude!)

Living Green said...

Look at all the fun you had on your b-day! I am glad you had a great time, well other then the hose ride.

Love ya!

Linds said...

Hee hee, I'm still laughing about it. Oh how I wish I could have seen you galloping around the place. Oh ha! I love it! I guess I'm a terrible friend too. But you know I love ya!

ejmowrer said...

Hey, how come Dave doesn't get quote fingers around him?!

Giron Family said...

I would love to see you doing that! Sounds hilarious! My worst nightmare too btw!
What a fun retreat! Looks like heaven. Sounds like you have some good friends (even if they made you ride around on a stick horse!).

Andrea said...

That looks like so much Fun!