Thursday, March 05, 2009

Oaks Bottom field trip

I was able to go on a field trip with Camryn last week. It was my first time ever going as a chaperone . It was pretty fun. We went to Oaks Bottom which is a natural habitat for mainly birds right outside of downtown Portland. The kids each got a pair of binoculars to watch for birds.


Here is my group looking at fungus growing in a tree trunk.

Watching for birds...
***WARNING*** the following picture is really disgusting, proceed at your own risk



As we weer walking sone of the kids pointed out that there was dog poop on the trail. THe guide looked at it and decided that it might be coyote poop because it had hair in it and dog poop doesn't usually have hair in it, because all they really is is dog fod, and coyotes eat other hairy animals...just a little fact I learned Camryn wanted me to take a picture of it so, here ya go Cam...


When we were almost at the end of the trail we saw a deer at the top of this really huge hill.

4 comments:

Linds said...

Thanks for the poop picture. And it could have been dog poop. Dogs do lick themselves and swallow the hair sometimes, you know what I mean. GROSS!!

Marsh Family said...

I also liked the dog poop pic. We gotta please those kiddos even with silly requests, that's what makes us cool moms!

The Woolner Family said...

Ugh! I was eating my lunch. Once when I worked downtown some bum pooped right in front of our office doors. It was so much pooh it was almost horse pooh amount and size. Sickening, many of us at the office marveled over it and discussed whether or not it indeed came from a transient or animal and also speculated if it was human, what were they eating to generate such a large piece of turd.

Jenn and Aphia said...

That's dog poop, that teacher is crazy!