Monday, November 17, 2008

Holy Powell's!!

http://www.kintropy.com/blog/images/Powells.jpg

A lot of you know of Powell's Books here in Portland, some of you may not..this post is for those of you who do know it and have never been and for those of you who don't know it and should Definitely go! A few weeks ago Dave needed a book for a class and we thought maybe we should go to Powell's and trade in some books so we could get his book for cheaper. I have lived in Portland for what almost 9 years now and have never been into Powell's. Now I know why...HOLY COW I could spend all day in there!! The book that Dave needed was right by the Children's book section. There are so many awesome books just in the few aisles that I saw. I almost literally had to cover my eyes to keep me from stopping at every aisle to look at something.
Every time my mom comes to town to visit she HAS to go to Powell's and now I know what takes her so long. They have the store broken into different sections like the Rose room and the Orange room and so on. I saw maybe a tenth of what was there...Anyway, the next time you need a book and are in the area , and have all day to waste I recommend Powell's.

8 comments:

Linds said...

Powell's is the BEST! I could spend not just one day there, but days and days there. LOVE IT!!

Jessica said...

it is spectacular there. almost like another world. have dave watch the kids all day one day and just hang out there. you would love it!

Jeff and Amy said...

I love powell's! Jeff doesn't like me to go to bookstores because I take too long - there are just so many wonderful things to see! If I could do whatever I wanted at any point of the day it would be to either sleep or read.

Joshua and Joy said...

That's so funny! I can't believe that you've never been there in all the time that you lived here. You could get lost in there. I'd want too many books if I stopped in.

Amy said...

I love book stores in general...and Powell's is definetly a great one!!!

Karin said...

Every time I visited I had to go there. It's an amazing store and the like can't be found in Austria. It's a shame....

Allison said...

I. Love. Powell's. Love, love, love. It's crazy that you've lived here 9 years and have never been inside until now! It's a good thing it's downtown, or I'd be in there every week, spending way too much time and money!

The DuPree's said...

You know... I've never liked reading but lately, I've had a major desire to start reading. I'm going to have to wait until I'm finished with school, because I'm too busy reading dumb books and have no time to read for fun but I can't wait to finish school to start reading for fun! I think I'm going to have to make a stop at Powells!!!