Thursday, October 02, 2008

A Moment


Do you ever have those moments when all you can think about is getting away from your kids and staying gone for a while? But then as soon as your gone or their gone you miss them?
I have had that feeling today (ok for the past few days) that I just want to get away! Well Camryn is going to the opera tonight with Grandma Kate and staying the night. Dave took her to meet her Grandpa downtown and took Sam with him so I could have a little break. I just finished working out and went to open the curtains back up (no way I work out with the curtains open) and I saw Camryn's backpack sitting on the couch and a picture of Sam on the computer, and I really just missed them at that moment and felt so happy to be their mom.
As soon as Dave gets home and Sam starts being a stinker, I'm sure the moment will be forgotten, that's why I have to document it so I don't forget :)

4 comments:

Joshua and Joy said...

I think that every Mom at some point has had those moments.

jllowoolsey said...

Totally with you there! It's like they drive you mad, but the second they are alseep or gone you miss them. It's weird! I guess I should just appreciate them more when they are around. Thanks for the post, glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

My little pods said...

Ditto. I just had that moment on Monday. It was the first time I'd been away from Lucy for more than 6 hours. I was excited initially but then I was so sad while I was gone. Anyway, way cute post!

Giron Fam said...

I always feel that way when I'm away from my kids but as soon as we are back together I think, "What was I thinking! Why didn't I enjoy that peaceful moment!"
Hey, we went private with out blog. Email me and I'll send you a invite. kinkin424@hotmail.com