Monday, October 27, 2008

Last week (or so) we had parent teacher conferences....now if you don't like to read brag blogs just skip this one....We met with Camryn's teacher Mr. Peters. He couldn't say enough positive things about her. He said she was very nice to all of the other students and that she excelled in every subject. She was tested in her reading and she is reading 180 words per minute and retaining what she reads. He said that she is so far ahead that he doesn't quite know what to do with her!!
They had to do some testing at the beginning of the year and Mr Peters said that even though he knew that Camryn already knew the stuff that was on there she didn't complain once about having to do the test and that she is very humble. Well Dave and I were just beaming but not as much as Camryn. We are so pleased that she is a good kid and that fact that she's smart is a bonus! A few days after the conference she came home with the Student of the Day award. I was so proud of her. I can't believe that I am so blessed to have such a special girl in my care. I love her so much and feel extremely lucky to be her mom.

7 comments:

Holwege Family said...

Way to go Camryn. I always thought she was smart (telling me about a stethoscope at 3 yrs. old). Maybe she can tutor my boys someday.

Nicole Wagner said...

awww..that totally made me cry! she is so sweet and you SHOULD be proud! what a smart girl and so nice to hear how humble she is and nice to the other kids, that's the most important part. she'll definitely be successful in life:)
xo

Paiger said...

Those are good things to brag about, for sure! It's not like you are telling us about how much you spent on dinner at a fancy eatery or anything. Wahoo Camryn!! That's my favorite niece!

Jeff and Amy said...

Way to go Camryn! That is basically every parent's dream.

Linds said...

Congrats to Camryn. She is such a cutie! You should be proud. I just love Camryn, tell her that!

The Hill Family said...

Way to go Camryn! You are very lucky to have such a sweet spririt! Sorry for all the comments, I had a lot of catching up to do. Jeez, girl, you have been busy this past month!

Joshua and Joy said...

Congrats to Camryn!