Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I just finished reading this book. I don't want to say too much in case someone wants to read it but it is about a boy in Nazi Germany (his father is a Commandant in the Nazi movement) and he is forced to leave his home in Berlin to go to another house in the middle of nowhere. While he is exploring the surroundings he comes to a fence and there is a little boy his age (9) on the other side of the fence in "striped pajamas".
If you have any interest in WWII / Holocaust types of stories, you will enjoy this. It is a short read but very moving. I cried / bawled reading this book which doesn't happen very often. So in short read this book if you need a good cry and a few laughs.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I actually do enjoy reading stuff about WWII! I'll put it on my list of books to read!

jllowoolsey said...

I can't wait to get it and start! Yeah!! I love books that make me cry.

jllowoolsey said...

I just have one more thing to say: This is why you need to finish reading "The Book Thief."

The Little Tracy Fam said...

Becki I thought everything made you cry. You still haven't finished Book Thief?