Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cedar City
















After Disneyland we headed on to Cedar City UT to stay with my parents for a while. It was nice to just have a place to relax.
My parents are really in to the Shakespearean Festival that happens in Cedar every summer. They volunteer to work as ushers and other things so they get free tickets to the plays. They got us tickets to see Fiddler on the Roof and Othello. I loved Fiddler on the Roof. I cried through the whole thing. It really takes on new meaning once you have kids.
Othello on the other had was completely boring (sorry mom and dad if you read this.) Shakespeare is really wasted on me. I get what the actors are talking about but don't know why they have to use so many words...
We also went up to Cedar Breaks National Park. It is like a mini Grand Canyon. It really is beautiful up there.









































































I look like I am smelling something bad...















Sam was more interested in playing in the dirt and putting rocks in his shoes. Such a boy!















This is at the Green Show, or as I like to call it the Gay Show. The Green Show is a little act that is put on outside before the evenings plays begin. There is a different theme each night. The kids loved it and people get really into it. I thought it was nice to be outside but could have done without the totally overacting actors.















My dear friend Autumn from college lives in Cedar City, and we were lucky enough to be there for her baby's blessing. It was so good to be with a friend that I feel totally comfortable around and that I can reminisce with. I knew her and her husband before they were married and we hung out all the time together. I love her so much and can't wait to see her again when we go back next year!

This is Dan with Addison..















This is Autumn and little Addison Kate. She is so stinkin' cute!















This is Autumn's little boy Carter he was cracking me up. He has the cutest little dimples too. Watch out girls!















Camryn
and Kennedy. Camryn cried after we left the baby blessing because she knew she wouldn't see Kennedy for a long time.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I was just talking about Cedar City yesterday with John! I went to the Shakespearean Festival in High School, my school performed in it! But what I remember the most was this cool 50's or 60's diner! The whole...checker-board floor, jukebox, old-fashioned milk shakes...that kind of thing!

Anyway, glad you had fun!

jllowoolsey said...

I love the Shakespearean Festival. It's so much fun. My brother and his wife were just there too. And I LOVE "Fiddler on the Roof". I can't even think about it without crying my head off.

Oh, and I love that picture of Camryn by the ledge. What a perfect shot.

Autumn said...

I'm so glad we had a chance to visit. It seems just like yesterday we were eating tons of Taco Bell and hanging out at Old Navy. Good times! Your pictures look great.