Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Olan Mills

I saw this on my Blog Buddy Holly's blog and had to re-post it, i hope she doesn't mind Thanks Holly!

It's called a leisure suit, ladies and germs, and if you didn't have one in the early 70s, you were a big fat loser. Mine was teal. I wore it with a silk floral shirt and a long necklace with a football player pendant that we all got at that year's team banquet. I was THE MAN.
I got a 20 that says he drives a Camaro.
Just a typical afternoon down on the plantation. In a business suit.

A pose like this will get you kicked right out of the Convention.At the Southern Baptist Convention again?
B-52's, the early years.

I'd hide my face, too, little girl
You'd think Pearle Vision would throw in another two pairs for free.
Patrick broke ranks and chose drag over the bow tie
Nothing says 1973 quite like denim and helmet hair
Olan Mills backdrop #4: Bucolic Meadow with Split Rail Fence. Is that an animal carcass behind her?

Bobbi isn't the first waitress to fall for her manager, but she and Dale both got fired from Shoney's.
Thoughtful Lance. Mirthful Lance. Two sides of a delightful coin.
Grapefruit smuggling isn't a crime, but posing it in profile should be.
Dawn and her recently exhumed sister, Gorgotha, pose with Scraps.

Someone spent money on this.

This photo isn't discolored. The 70s really were that Orange.
No Comment.
Drake won Bitchin'est Senior Mullet by a landslide.
Olan Mills Backdrop #11: The Library, one of their most popular themes, as seen in this photo of the young Unabomber and his wife.

Talk about a third wheel...
She's looking for the speaker that's piping in "Muskrat Love" so she can blast it with her laser eyes.
Kenneth and his prom date
And don't miss the First Presbyterian Players as they perform "Godspell" next Wednesday night in the Fellowship Hall. Childcare will be provided. Please bring a covered dish.
The Purvis family made several stops along the Oregon Trail to document their six-month journey. This photo was taken just two weeks before the dysentery took Momma to Jesus.

The Library might be more believable if the shelves weren't sloping downhill
II wanted a shot like this for my wedding. The Mrs. said no.
Those glasses came free with a purchase of Brut cologne
That dude wore a tie for nothing.
Okay. Tell me you didn't enjoy that!!

5 comments:

John Holly Levi & Faith said...

I'm so honored.

I'm still laughing. The lance one is SOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!

The Woolner Family said...

Becki!!! I laughed so hard my stomach hurt and I started to cry. I haven't laughed so hard in ages. Thanks for posting that--it made my day.

ejmowrer said...

These people got nothin on my family.

Amy said...

Ok that was hilarious!!!

Heather Mowrer said...

At first I was like "Whaaaa?"
Then I was like "snort, giggle."
And then it was like, "Oh darn! There's pee running down my leg."