Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Embarrassing!!






I was telling my friend Heather about the time a few months ago when the Fire Department came to the house. She said that she was surprised I hadn't blogged about it, so here goes:

A few months ago, it was a really cold morning so as usual I put a movie on for Sam and got in the shower. I took a REALLY hot shower and the bathroom got pretty steamed up. I got out and Sam heard me so he came and opened the door to the bathroom. The next thing I know the house alarm starts to go off, and not the little beep beep beep but the big alarm like someone is in the house. I knew no one was in the house (it's not that big, I would have known). I put my robe on and turned the alarm off. Then the phone rang and it was Brinks making sure everything was OK. She also said that the Fire department was notified and that she would try to reach them to tell them not to come. Then the phone rings again! It's the fire chief calling to see if everything is OK. I assure him everything is fine but he says that they are already on their way and that they will just come to check it out.

About 2 seconds later I hear and see the fire truck. Great. I have a towel on my head and a robe on! They and by they I mean FIVE of them, come up to the house. I think there must be some sort of law that states that you have to be a good looking guy in order to be a fire fighter. So they go through out the house with a little smoke detector and they say everything is fine. Then it dawns on me that the steam from my shower must have set off the alarm. I just felt so stoooopid! I guess I should be grateful that all of the alarms work huh?

6 comments:

Amy said...

hahaha! Great Story!

Newmoney said...

now I know why people keep telling me I should be a firefighter.

The Woolner Family said...

I would have been mortified. Absolutely hilarious thought--but probably because it happened not to me.

Kara said...

I'm laughing so hard right now because we had a similar experience last week. I may now have to blog about it! Hope your having a great Holiday season!

Kara said...

By the way...I completely agree about how firefighters are HOT!

Batman Forever said...

Hey Becky. I stumbled on to your blog. So cute. I just started one. Hope I can keep as on top of it as you are. By the way, we had the police show up when Isaac called 911 to chat with the operator. I felt so stupid.