Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Yow Yow

Sam has a favorite stuffed animal that he calls Yow Yow (which means meow meow) It is a cream color little cat (see below). Well Sam's diaper leaked all over the place this morning. It weighed 1.24lbs. I don't remember him drinking that much but he must have. Anyway, Yow yow got wet along with everything else in the crib and needed to be washed. As a result he has been whining and crying all day "Yow Yow". It was kind of cute at first but now it is really starting to get on my nerves!!! I looked up the company that makes Yow Yow and I think I am going to have to get an extra one for when Yow Yow needs a bath.

Would you do this or make your kid tough it out?


6 comments:

ejmowrer said...

It's either that or put Sam in the wash with it. If you do, you'll want to balance the load with something so the spin cycle doesn't drive you nuts.

ejmowrer said...

Kidding, of course! (for the lawyers)

Amy said...

I think it's good for kids to have something comforting. Gwen is 3 years old and still brings her blanket and baby everywhere. And now Chloe has to sleep with a kitty, a ducky, and a ball! I think it's healthy! When they turn like...5 or 6 and they still carry it around, then I'd worry...haha

The Woolner Family said...

He's already let you know--Yow yow. There's two yows there, so I think he needs two.

ejmowrer said...

Maybe this entire time he's been begging for the other yow. I think you're onto something, there...

Leah said...

You could go nuts purchasing backup Yow Yows and end up like my mother in law who has at least 18 pairs of reading glasses stashed around the house, yet still manages to ask, "Has anyone seen my glasses?" at least four times a day. Just keep a steady stream of the Yows a comin'.