Monday, April 09, 2007

Best Husband EVER!!!!












OK
so, I got a little frustrated at a little project I was trying to do myself (installing the child locks on a cupboard). The screw was NOT going into the cabinet door, it was just kind of tearing it up. I was trying for like 20 minutes to get this stupid screw in the door and when I get frustrated I......throw things......I KNOW I KNOW I am not 2 years old!! Believe me I have learned my lesson after today.
I threw the screwdriver and it hit the oven door....and shattered it. I immediately started crying and freaking out. I called David and he didn't answer, so I called my (step) mother-in-law Kathryn, and told her sobbing "I have a problem, I broke the oven door!!!!" She proceeded to ask me what was wrong, why was I mad, am I OK, do I need her to come over, where was Sam... And then realized that my problem was the door not me (well maybe a little). She told me I should go take a walk to calm down but I hadn't even showered yet. So she and Ron (my father-in-law) called around to find me the part number and prices and stuff like that, how sweet huh?

I took a shower to calm myself down and prepare myself to call Dave. I was nervous about it because he is sick and just feeling generally crappy, and I didn't want to upset him and make his day worse. I called Dave and was crying and told him what happened, and he was so nice about the whole thing. He realized how awful and stupid I felt and told me it would all be OK. I asked him what he wanted for lunch since he would be coming home after his class and he said he was going to stop and get something to make me feel better. I don't know about anyone else but there is nothing like a burger, fries and a shake to make you feel better.

what is the first thing you do when you are freaking out? You grab the camera and take pictures hoping that one day this will be funny...

7 comments:

John and Amy said...

Oh my!!! I am in awe! I'm so sorry you've had such a rotten day! Can I do anything for you? I'm glad you're human just like the rest of us!!!

It's Cloudy Up Here said...

I'm a friend of Amy's. What a story! It makes me feel better to hear that I'm not the only one who acts like a 2 year old sometimes!

Thanks for the smile!

--Minerva

ejmowrer said...

I'm still trying to comprehend that one of the first things you did was take a picture of yourself crying...

I think...

I think...that's... the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Oh, and I hope you feel better or whatever. ;)

ejmowrer said...

And I should add that I've broken more than a few of my own posessions in anger. Not proud of that, just letting you know you're not the only one.

Leah said...

HA HA! By way of consolation, I know this will be funny to you someday, but it's hilarious to me RIGHT NOW!

Chasamber said...

Is it funny yet?

Chasamber said...

Man oh man it is a good thing that Becky and I aren't married, we would have trashed our entire house by now. I say this because I am the worst at handy-man crap. I always break things, and always get so frustrated, even for the simplest of tasks. I guess its like some evil reverse boy scout curse, where instead of leaving things better than you found them they wind up worse. Anyways, don't worry just know that if Chad were in your shoes he could and Would do much worse.

-Chad